I'm Randi Glazer. Senior Insurance Professional.
Randi Glazer's Bio:
Randi Glazer is a driven senior insurance professional. She has a proven track record creating profitable books of business across multiple industries/product lines for admitted and non-admitted carriers and managing large teams of staff. Randi's broker relationships span the U.S. including National Brokers, Specialty Agents and National Wholesalers.
Randi Glazer a knowledgeable and reliable senior insurance professional. She was born and raised in Long Island, attending college and New York, but currently lives and works in San Francisco, California. In her free time, she loves to travel abroad. She also enjoys wine tasting, and when she can, she enjoys combining her travels with tasting. She often travels to regions of the world known for vineyards, wineries, and wine production.
Randi Glazer's Experience:
AVP of Underwriting and Marketing at LIG Insurance Company, Ltd. (US Branch)2014 - 2014
• Head of Underwriting and Marketing for a Regional Admitted P & C carrier with offices on the East and West Coasts. Staff management includes over 12 direct reports with overall responsibility for 60 staff members between all departments • Responsible for day to day running of the Underwriting operations including all referrals exceeding Team Leader/Supervisory authority • Accountable for the running of the following departments: Loss Control/Engineering, Corporate Reinsurance, Corporate Underwriting, Branch Underwriting, Worker’s Compensation Run-Off, Marketing, Corporate Marketing • Implemented a new team workflow where underwriters are responsible for all business from their assigned producers enabling them to assume a production underwriting and book management role • Introduced more communication between the branches via video conferences for monthly Large Loss Round Table meetings to discuss trends within our book of business and ‘lessons from losses’ • Instituted joint monthly underwriting/marketing meetings • Initiated a monthly Underwriter Peer Review process within and between branches to maintain our consistency and bring to light any individual underwriting training issues or branch training needs
Underwriting Director at International Specialty, Inc.2010 - 2014
• Produced and managed a book of Surplus Lines non-admitted Specialty Property & Inland Marine business consisting of Class I Railroads, Underground & Above Ground Mining, Builder’s Risks, Scheduled Property Floaters, Installation Floaters, Contractor’s Equipment, Fine Arts, Warehouseman’s Legal Liability, etc. • Program consists of multi-billion dollar shared & layered HPR-type risks and accounts written 100% ground up • Managed 5 employees, 2 on-site locally and 3 remotely in 3 separate locations across the US • Distribution network encompasses National Brokers, Wholesale Brokers and Regional & Specialty Producers across the country with strong relationships in the Northeast • Oversaw all aspects of the Program including establishment and implementation of Underwriting Guidelines, Declarations Page Design, Forms Development, Forms Approval and Issuance of all Quotes, Binders, Policies and Endorsements • Accountable for Profit & Loss results, Policy Issuance, Premium Billing and Collections, Policy Coding, overseeing of Audits, File Maintenance, Authority Distribution, Marketing Plans, Marketing Material, Risk Referrals, maintenance of all Business Logs and Facultative Reinsurance buying • Surpassed original Business Premium Plan objective in first nine months by 100% of initial target writing $3m in new business Year 1 • Exceeded profit expectations having a combined ratio of 23% for first Calendar Year of operation
Assistant Vice President at Hiscox USA, Inc.2009 - 2010
• Underwrote a book of Surplus Lines non-admitted Specialty Property & Inland Marine business such as Class I Railroads, Underground & Above Ground Mining, Builder’s Risks, Scheduled Property Floaters, Installation Floaters, Contractor’s Equipment, Warehouseman’s Legal Liability, Motor Truck Cargo, etc. • Largest producer of premium for the New York Territory underwriting multi-billion dollar Specialty Property HPR-type risks such as the MTA, Port Authority of NY/NJ, Patriot Coal and Peabody Coal • Managed and lead a matrix set of resources of 4 internal employees and 3 external consultants to achieve our new business goals for Year 1 of $10m • Analyzed RMS CAT modeling data to determine risk tolerance & pricing for all CAT perils • Contributed to the development of department’s Policy Forms and Endorsements • Assisted in creating marketing brochures trade marking the corporate policy name ‘Super-Flex’ • Pursued Program opportunities through industry conferences such as Target Markets • Participated in monthly peer review audits confirming compliance with corporate guidelines
Vice President at Wellington Underwriting Inc.2001 - 2008
• Property & Inland Marine Reinsurance Production excess of loss underwriter pursuing individual risks and Reinsurance Program Business for admitted and non-admitted markets • Produced three Property Reinsurance Programs – two for Builder’s Risk coverage and one for Commercial Property coverage. Premiums exceeded $7m since inception in 2003 • Underwriting included RMS CAT modeling & pricing for windstorm, earthquake and Risk Browser for flood • Developed & implemented the Client Relationship Manager role in 2004 focusing on top-line growth for National Clients. Overall premium increased by more than 15% the first year • Managed and remotely lead a matrix set of 12 Client Relationship Managers exceeding Division’s new business goals for 2004 by 15% • Launched the Company’s International Property Reinsurance Underwriting Team in October 2004 to underwrite HPR type Property risks in Europe & Australia. Written premium totaled over $5m in less than 3 years. Remotely lead this team of 5 employees. • Conducted Branch Planning & Coaching individually with each Client Relationship Manager
Senior Facultative Underwriter at Swiss Re America1998 - 2001
• Property & Inland Marine Reinsurance Production underwriter for pro rata, proportional and excess of loss business pursuing individual risks and Reinsurance Program Business for admitted and non-admitted markets • Produced and managed first Property Eminent Domain Program for Swiss Re. Underwriting principally for multi-million dollar Real Estate risks. Program generated $4.5m written premium to Swiss Re in Year 1 • Authored a white paper on Property Eminent Domain coverage with distribution to Senior Management • Underwriting included RMS CAT modeling & pricing for windstorm, earthquake and EQECAT for flood • Starting with no clients or renewal accounts, grew my book of business to $9m over three years with less than a 5% loss ratio
Multiline Production Underwriter at Chubb Group of Insurance Companies1995 - 1998
• Marketing comprised entire agency plant of 70 agents • Underwrote all lines including Property Package Policies, Monoline Property, General Liability, Auto, Worker's Comp., Umbrella, Ocean & Inland Marine, Boiler & Machinery, D&O, E&O, K&R and Monoline Crime • One of the highest producing underwriters in the Northeast Region having loss ratios of 3% and 11%, Years 1 and 2, respectively
Underwriting Consultant at Liberty Mutual Insurance Company2015 - Present | Walnut Creek, CA
• Inland Marine consultant and underwriter for the Pacific Region starting up the Inland Marine Department assigned to define the Regional appetite, market throughout the Region to 550 agents/brokers, grow the book, put proper underwriting processes in place, underwrite for the Region and provide Inland Marine underwriting guidance/leadership to 120 underwriters within the Sub-Regions • Responsible for identifying, developing and supporting the implementation of “Best Practices” underwriting policies, guidelines, practices and system strategies leading to the attainment of both business and geographic growth and profitability. Provide technical expertise, guidance and training for Inland Marine to the Region internally and externally • Accountable for the Inland Marine line of business underwriting competency for the Pacific Region including mentoring and training assigned Underwriting Assistant(s) and other Inland Marine underwriters • Current Pacific Coast Advisory Board of Directors member for the Inland Marine Underwriters Association (IMUA) for the Greater San Francisco area
Randi Glazer's Education:
American InterContinental UniversityMBA, Summa Cum LaudeConcentration: Global Management
State University of New York College at GeneseoB.A.Concentration: Economics
Randi Glazer's Interests & Activities:
Reading, traveling, wine tasting, walking, writing